Monday, September 15, 2008

Watching your Ps & Qs

We have a standard rule in our house which is no cuss words around the kids and for the most part we are pretty darn good about it. A couple times it has gone noticed that we have apparently slipped up a time or two when SportyB uses damn or damn-it (in the correct context too I might add). But recently it has been brought to our attention that SportyB is learning German, yeah that sounds great doesn't it?? But don't get WOW'd yet.. Here I thought I was being slick in one of my 'slip up episodes' by using Shiza (which is a German cuss word meaning sh*t). So the other night he comes in from the garage saying it clear as day (NOT in the correct context thank goodness) - so although he has the pronunciation down he has no clue what he is really saying.. moral of story Pete and RePete are on a boat, Pete falls off, who is left?

2 comments:

jenn said...

L M A O!

Anonymous said...

Been there. We are pretty good about it too- Iknow hard to believe Jim can keep under control...I am the one that lets the "Damn" loose... So I have heard that word quite a few times in the right context from a 6 yr old and once from a 2 year old. nice.
~Mom of the Year